Closing:December 31, 2023
The production worker will safely set up and operate metal forming equipment following all established processes and procedures.
- Set up and safely operate stamping presses and metal forming equipment.
- Follow all standard operating procedures and safety protocol.
- Inspect all work to ensure quality standards are met.
- Keeps work area clean and keeps all tools and equipment in good condition.
- Safely operates material handling equipment, to include forklifts and cranes.
- Performs to machine runtime goals and production expectations.
- Maintains all production paperwork as required.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Able and willing to train others.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Performs Lockout/Tagout procedures as required.
- Wears and maintains all appropriate PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation. Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to machine operation.
- Performs quality checks, to include:
- Understands and uses a tape measure to check length, width and hole spacing.
- Understands and uses appropriately a micrometer to measure thickness of the product.
- Understands and performs routine checks for straightness, bow, and camber.
- Understands and performs routine checks for part dimension using appropriate tools.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible manner.
- Notifies supervision or maintenance personnel concerning any machine issues that might slow down production, cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance issues.
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean organized work environment.
- Mechanically inclined
- Problem solver
- Team oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education and/or experience.
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both arms
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- None
- Pushing Effort- Carts of finished product and tools, up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling- Tools and finished product, up to 15 lbs.
- Climbing (ladders/stairs)- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure, caliper and micrometer accurately.
- Manufacturing facility – exposed to heat and cold.
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Noise controlled environment.
- Activity level is high – continuous overhead crane and forklift movement
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Tiered wage system, where promotions are based on ability
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- Monthly Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Community Service Day