Closing:Closing in 5 hours
Produces accurate customer invoices and documents for freight movement/delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters components of bills of lading into the YRC mainframe system.
- Accesses additional resources such as the US Postal Zip Code Guide, the on-line NMFC program, import/export documentation, and shipper or terminal personnel to obtain required information.
- Identifies correct customer from customer list.
- Audits bills of lading for completeness.
- Communicates precisely and professionally through internal database with the internal customer in regard to reasons that a shipment cannot be billed.
- Operates routine office equipment such as calculators, copier machines and fax machines as requested by management.
- Performs various clerical functions such as filing as directed by management.
- Field incoming telephone calls from both internal and external customers.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires successful completion of billing training program.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a manner that reflects YRC’s commitment to quality.
- Ability and willingness to work all scheduled hours, including overtime.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying of 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer