Location:Tarboro, North Carolina
Closing:December 31, 2023
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery is looking for their next General Production Team Member!
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery became a stand-alone company in 2018 when it was purchased by Kohlberg and Company (private equity) from Tyson Foods. We have the feel of start up in many ways, though we are an established brand with a strong customer and consumer base. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, continually seek process improvements and a strong sense of customer service, then this is the right type of environment for you.
Our vision is to be the world’s most beloved bakery by creating irresistible foods, growing with our customers, and delivering value for all. We believe that each of us has unique points of difference and experience to offer. We believe that there is always a better way, and we will never be satisfied with status quo. We believe simplicity enables speed. We believe in integrity above all. We live for food, and we “wow” consumers and customers through collaboration and innovation.
Team Member assists in any and all phases of production, preparation, and/or packaging of the product, providing general help/labor where needed. Duties include, but not limited to lifting pans, pushing racks, placing product on moving conveyers, taking product off of conveyors, stacking boxes, cleaning floors/pans/and buckets. Team Member must be willing to be flexible in job assignment, as the purpose of General Help/Labor is to rotate to different areas as determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to: product being run, employee absenteeism, machinery issues, etc. Team Member works with others as a team to complete tasks in an efficient manner, to ensure the line is ready to start and to minimize downtime. Completes paperwork as needed, such as crew sheets, downtime reports, etc. All Team Members are to adhere to SLFB’s policies, procedures, SQF 2000, Good Manufacturing Practices and Global Business Standards. Perform tasks as needed to include, but not limited to cross training on other machines and/or other areas.
- 12 months of continuous work experience with the same employer.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be willing to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work in a production environment requiring safety glasses, hair/beard net, hearing protection, and rubber boots with safety toe. All PPE is provided by SLFB.
- Must be willing to climb up and down stairs to enter/exit the production area.
- Walks over boot scrubbers prior to entering work areas.
- Must be willing to withstand cold and hot environments.
- Must be willing to work 8-12 hours shifts which include standing, walking, reaching over conveyors, loading pans, pushing racks and lifting pans and product.
- Perform additional tasks as needed to include, but not limited to cross training on other machines and/or in other areas.