Closing:December 31, 2023
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada. What You’ll Get To Do Do you pride yourself in being a jack-of-all-trades? The Laborer is our entry-level position that is critical to support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to use different skills every day as you learn the aggregate industry and fill in vacancies in various areas of our plants.
- Load and unload trucks following safe operating procedures
- Operate mobile equipment on plant property (loader, haul truck, water truck, etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness of plant work areas
- Assist with plant tasks including lubrication, maintenance, repairs
- Transport materials to and from storage and shop areas
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; assist with physical inspections of plant property/departments.
- What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in an open pit mine is a plus
- Experience using (or ability to learn) plant mobile equipment
- Ability to use shovel, broom, jackhammer, sweeper, forklift, bobcat and vacuum truck.
- Ability to work different extended hours, holidays and/or overtime required
Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment