Closing:December 31, 2023
The Mechanic will perform skilled repair and maintenance of transportation vehicles and dock equipment; inspect motorized and mechanical equipment; maintain inventory; and diagnose problems and determine the extent of necessary repairs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair, adjust and overhaul a wide variety of diesel and gasoline engines in transportation vehicles and dock equipment.
- Comply with all company policies, local work and safety rules, as well as federal, state, and local regulations that govern the industry. Perform the required paperwork and/or computer records accordingly.
- Inspect, repair, replace and modify components of engines including drive lines, transmissions, brake systems, clutches, and steering assemblies.
- Repair or replace ignition parts, diesel injectors and carburetors. Replace faulty parts including wheel bearings, shock absorbers, oil seals, emission systems, exhaust systems, generators, distributors, lights and switches.
- Perform routine servicing, lubricating, and greasing of vehicles.
- Perform electronic diagnostics and troubleshoot electrical systems; repair and replace faulty components including wiring.
- Use welding equipment to fabricate, rebuild and strengthen various equipment parts.
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of fluids, parts, and equipment, and perform some physical plant maintenance.
- Remove, repair, and mount tires and maintain the tire inventory.
- Perform pre-trip equipment inspections, including ensuring that permits are valid and units are clean and fueled.
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update safety skills and knowledge; keep current with hazardous material training requirements.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in equipment maintenance.
- Mechanical background with a basic knowledge of equipment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have one year Diesel Mechanic exp
- Cannot guarantee any shift -must be able to work nights & weekends
- College degree or technical certification.
- Experience one year of diesel mechanics.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
December 31, 2023