Location:Staten Island, New York
Closing:Closing in 16 hours
INITIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Rewind jumbo rolls into custom size rolls depending on customer specifications; this includes weighing the rolls, strapping them and attaching labels. Trainee must work collaboratively with 2 or 3 other employees to run the unit. After completing training Trainees are required to pass a Winder assessment test in order to be classified as Winder Operators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Weighing Rolls
2. Measuring Rolls
2. Strapping Rolls
3. Attaching labels to the Rolls
- Must know how to properly use a measuring tape.
- Occasionally may be required to lift slabs of paper weighing from 20 to 40 lbs.
- Must have the ability to work under extreme work conditions.
- Must be willing to participate in the step progression program which includes on the job training and college based online Pulp and Paper program.
- Must be willing to work a 12 hour, rotational from day to night.
- Must be willing to work through scheduled holidays.
- Must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
Candidates with prior machine operator work experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment are preferred.
Able to read, write and follow instructions in English Language.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to stand on their feet for approximately 11 hours during their shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans