Closing:June 15, 2023
The American Trucking Associations is looking for an innovative, committed, and high-performing Human Resources (HR) Generalist to join their Human Resources team. The HR Generalist will be a key member of a small but impactful Human Resources team during a pivotal employee culture transformation. The Human Resources team at the American Trucking Associations provides full-service HR activities to over 150 employees, this opportunity would be an excellent fit for those interested in getting well-rounded Human Resources exposure.
This position will work with assigned departments and functional areas to provide consultation, recommendations, and solutions on a variety of organizational issues. The HR Generalist will be responsible for executing all full-cycle recruiting activities and provide internal assistance and guidance on navigating ATA benefit plans. They will actively participate to identify, recommend, develop and implement HR programs and practices that deliver required results in support of the overall objectives of the business.
The incumbent must have experience with the full-cycle recruiting process. This position is a great opportunity for someone who has experience with or is interested in gaining exposure in: employee relations, performance management, learning & development, employee benefits, and organizational development support. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and relevant laws. The HR Generalist is expected to interact with current and former ATA staff at all levels, affiliates, various vendors and service providers, broker consultants and provide excellent customer service or member service at all times.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Business Management, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong capability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills is required.
- The incumbent must be able to balance multiple priorities, be proficient in creating and delivering formal presentations, and proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience working with managers as a trusted advisor is preferred.
- Familiarity with online job boards such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, and other niche sites is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with ATS and other HRIS platforms is preferred.
- The incumbent must maintain the ability to perform the functions of this position while utilizing the utmost in diplomacy, confidentiality, professionalism and tact;
- Most of the information held within the Human Resources department is privileged, and the incumbent is always expected to secure this information while maintaining a professional demeanor;
- Act as a credible partner, proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner to management within designated departments;
- As a Human Resources professional, the incumbent should be committed to act as a change agent and advocate for the organization as a while, while aligning HR initiatives that support corporate strategies, build stakeholder value, and help shape the organization’s image;
- The incumbent is expected to operate within diverse, cross-generational teams daily.
- The American Trucking Associations is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.