Closing:Closing in 12 hours
The vision of the American Trucking Associations, Inc. (ATA), is to be the recognized leader in transportation advocacy representing the safest, most responsible and financially successful motor carriers. Our mission is to effectively advocate and communicate efforts designed to improve safety and profitability for our members.
ATA is seeking a dynamic and engaging intern to support its conference, meeting, and events planning team. This position will provide real-world training in event design, implementation, and management, while engaging with ATA’s internal departments and external vendors and contractors.
The Event Services Intern will develop new skills and provide departmental support while taking ownership of projects related to event design and implementation. The intern will actively participate in running an event, to include planning, organizing, and managing. The intern will participate in all Event Services’ team meetings, as well as engagements with ATA staff and external vendors, where appropriate. The goal of this internship is to provide the individual with a better understanding of event management in an association setting.
- Provide logistical support to the Event Services department.
- Support staff by compiling and sending finalized BEOs, invoices, and other documents to both internal and external partners.
- Communicate with meeting and event vendors to resolve event-related issues as needed.
- Process reports and compile event analytics as requested.
- Provide hands-on event support to include set up, tear down, registration, and other areas as needed.
- Assist with external correspondence and process attendee and exhibitor inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Event Services.
Education/Relevant Experience: High school diploma with current enrollment in accredited college or university. Candidates with a background or experience in hospitality or event management, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to provide strong customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Contributes to the goals of the Event Services team, while also able to work independently at times.
The American Trucking Associations is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Closing in 12 hours