Closing:June 15, 2023
The American Trucking Associations is seeking a Web Development Intern for the summer of 2023. The intern would have an opportunity to work with popular CMS systems such as Drupal and SharePoint to manage content, code, and to create or develop web pages and come up with working designs for event and council microsites as well as trucking.org and ttnews.com flagship websites. The intern would work with the Web Director and VP, MIS in learning these systems. ATA uses a combination of Drupal for externally facing websites and SharePoint/Teams for internally facing websites.
- Learn about the mission and internal operations of ATA.
- Strengthen web development and web management skills
- Gain knowledge of new software systems such as Drupal, SharePoint on Teams, Microsoft IIS, Apache, Google Analytics
- Improve knowledge of backend systems that support the CMS systems.
- Team/Unit Contribution.
- Help determine needs around web pages and content for intranet site housed in SharePoint/Teams, and help create those webpages.
- Work with MIS and other departments around analyzing web analytics data to determine changes around content and structure of web sites
- Help come up with ideas for critical dashboards and implement them.
- Help conduct troubleshooting for technical problems that may arise, including debugging code and reinstalling software.
- Help handle change requests around websites and web development
- HMTL, CSS, Java Script, and Drupal required.
- Proficient with PC computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess good organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solver.