Closing:June 15, 2023
The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking an experienced Accounting / Finance professional to join their team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. Under the guidance of the Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist, this position processes incoming payments for the organization and performs data entry functions. The position interacts with others in the department to resolve problem issues, with other departments regarding payments received, and with customers to clarify payment and order information. This position has no supervisory or budgetary responsibilities.The incumbent is expected to adhere to company policy and procedures, promote and foster a team-based work environment. They will demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and will manage and prioritize their workload. They will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional disposition. They must report to work in person during training and will move into a two-day remote/three-day on-site work week.
- Daily processes receipts for ATA and affiliated entities accurately. This includes applying payments to accounts receivable, lockbox review, preparing bank deposits timely, resolving differences, and preparing proper supporting documentation.
- Enters journal entries into accounting systems accurately and timely to ensure accurate financial data. Reconciles some non-receipt related accounts to make sure certain processes are working correctly.
- Maintains organized journal entry and receipt files to easily access documentation as needed.
- Enters new members, new products and orders as needed.
- Works with members to assist with membership payments, orders and online access.
- Assists with research projects and data projects as needed to ensure completion of all necessary tasks.
- High School Degree required
- 1-2 years of data entry or accounts receivable experience preferred.
Skill Requirements –
- Must be able to work independently and quickly to organize workflow and process transactions to meet daily and monthly deadlines.
- Must be accurate and efficient in data entry.
- Proficiency with a 10-key adding machine required.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word a plus.