Closing:Closing in 4 hours
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Perform a wide variety of basic laboratory tasks. Maintain and perform record keeping. Review data recorded for others for quality control.
Receive, process, track and store samples received into the laboratory. Prepare and process biological samples prior to analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a wide variety of basic laboratory tasks.
• Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on routine studies.
• Operate general laboratory equipment (i.e.: centrifuge, pipettes, water baths) used in the processing of b biological samples.
• Perform all specialized processing under supervision
• Read study protocols and extract pertinent information with guidance.
• Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Monitor, and perform tasks, related to individual study assignments.
• Receive, process, track and store all samples received into the laboratory.
• Observe and assist with technical/study related duties with guidance.
• File and maintain data for department activities.
• Maintain and perform record keeping.
• Review data recorded by others for quality control.
• Assist with training for less experienced staff.
• May perform phlebotomy when appropriately certified.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
• Experience: Experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Good keyboarding skills, proficient in utilizing personal computer, e-mail and standard office software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database).
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.