Location:Kansas City, Kansas
Closing:March 31, 2024
Job Category: Production
Kansas City, KS 66111, USA
What will you do?
The laborer position is an entry level position that should progress to the other basic foundry jobs based on bidding, training and qualification.
Will be responsible for learning and fulfilling the needs of the production departments in various positions. The laborer performs any combination of tasks relating to melting, casting, mold preparation, wheel preparation, moving foundry materials and facility housekeeping
The position may be moved at management’s discretion until they bid to a permanent position.
There is a 90 day probationary period. Regular Pay Rate: $29.79. Probationary Pay Rate: $26.81 . Openings are on our afternoon and overnight shifts.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be available to work any of the shifts in a 24 hour operation, and permanently be placed on an off shift, work weekends and greater than 8 hours per day when needed.
- Possess mechanical aptitude/ability.
- Ability to learn Statistical Process Control Methods
- Express work ethic/standards, initiative, attention to detail, and safety awareness.
- Must maintain attendance and dependability.
- Must work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Position involves regular bending and lifting; standing for long periods of time; pushing and pulling.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Candidates should have reliable transportation, be able to pass a pre-employment respirator use exam, background check, and drug screen. Experience working in the metals industry is a plus.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
Amsted Rail is a Drug Free Work Place and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amsted Rail’s commitment to Affirmative Action:
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To review our EEO Policies or to request assistance please go to www.amstedrail.com/careers/ and select EEO Compliance/Statements.
If you possess the required qualifications and wish to be considered for this opportunity, please submit a apply online at www.amstedrail.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)