Closing:December 31, 2023
Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? Strait-Flex (a division of ClarkDietrich) fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Manufacturing Team Member position at our Strait-Flex facility, located in O’Fallon, MO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, operate and adjust equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
- Keeps mill operating according to operating procedures and in good condition.
- Keeps mill and surrounding area clean and clear of obstruction
- Performs all change overs, using appropriate tooling
- Performs to machine goals.
- Able and willing to train others.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Performs Lockout Procedure as required by mill specific Lockout JSA
- Wears and maintains all appropriate PPE as required
- Understands all safety devices and their operation. Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to machine operation.
- Performs quality checks, to include:
- Understands and performs routine checks for part dimension using appropriate tools.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible manner
- Performs routine maintenance and notifies maintenance personnel concerning any machine issues that might slow down production, cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance problems.
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean, organized work station
- Directs, assists and trains helpers to perform necessary functions.
- Performs all necessary paperwork.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Team attitude.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing- 8 or more hours per day.
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day.
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both arms.
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- None
- Pushing Effort- Carts of finished product and tools, up to 75 lbs.
- Pulling- Tools and finished product, up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction.
- Manufacturing facility — exposed to heat and cold
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Noisy environment