Closing:December 31, 2024
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
- Responsible for stocking production lines for next day production
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements
- Maintains a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in Food Processing / Manufacturing is a plus
- HACCP certification is preferred, but will train
- Ability to communicate effectively (English)
- Ability to read specifications and have strong attention to detail
- Proven attendance in addition to flexibility in scheduling (some weekends required)
- Basic computer skills
- Factory environment
- Varying noise and heat levels.
- Responsibilities allow opportunity for varying work routine
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner
- Support SQF through the monitoring of incoming services
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.