Closing:December 31, 2023
Work in Mixing Area and provide leadership and support to the mixing crew. Responsible for set up, organization and efficiency to produce a consistent product in a timely manner that meets all standards set forth by the Bakery.
- Combine all raw materials in proper sequence and sign off that each ingredient has been added and processed for the correct amount of time as outlined in the mixing system (Formula Sheet.)
- Rotate mixed ingredients back and forth to the line being served.
- Keep the line supplied with ingredients while adhering to the pace set by the Oven Leader.
- Complete and deliver all batch forms (Formula Sheet) to the Production Manager.
- Supervise, sanitize and organize your work area including tools and supplies.
- Assist in the training of mixing area helpers and/or assistant mixers.
- Follow all GMP’s and Safety Procedures as outlined by the Bakery.
- Equipment problems or malfunctions and accidents will be reported immediately to the Production Manager.
- Performs other duties as requested by Production Manager.
- Flexible on work schedule and overtime as needed.
- Verify that all batches are produced on your shift.
- Ensure all product is handled with care in the appropriate manner as outlined in the Mixing System in order to minimize loss in the quality or appearance of the finished product.
- Experience in Food Processing / Manufacturing
- HACCP certification preferred but will train
- Ability to communicate effectively (bilingual English/Spanish a plus), read specifications and demonstrate attention to detail
- Basic reading and mathematical skills required
- Proven attendance in addition to flexibility in scheduling
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, talk, hear, lift, and perform repetitive motions
- Ability to frequently move objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate a pallet jack, and other material handling equipment
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Mixing Team
- Factory environment
- Varying noise and heat levels.
- Responsibilities allow opportunity for varying work routine
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Support SQF through the monitoring of incoming services.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
*Starting pay is $19.00/hr with a $1.50 shift differential for hours worked from 5 PM- 5 AM
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.