Closing:December 31, 2021
Responsible for assisting in activities associated with running machine including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with set-up of machine in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run.
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Cross train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.