Closing:Closing in 7 hours
The American Trucking Associations is seeking a Help Desk Intern for the Summer for 2023. The Intern would have an opportunity to work with Management Information Services Team to ensure a high quality of support to ATA’s user community around Computer systems and peripherals, Telephony, Network Infrastructure, and Audio Visual Systems.
- Learn about the mission and internal operations of ATA.
- Improve knowledge and skills around customer service
- Improve knowledge of configuration, setup, and troubleshooting of Information Systems such as 1. client systems (IP telephony, computers, printers), 2. network systems (firewalls, switches, security appliances), 3. application services (MS Windows/Office and Adobe Products) and 4. IP based Audio Visual systems
- Gain knowledge of using helpdesk software to manage service and trouble requests, IT processes, and Asset inventory
- Team/Unit Contribution.
- Helps provide support for the MIS Call Center/Helpdesk including receiving phone calls, and opening and routing Call Center tickets in WebHelpDesk, thereby ensuring that user concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Work with different software systems to help manage workstations and other devices such as Citrix Director, Broadcom Telephone management, MS Active Directory.,
- Work with MIS to assist with installing, moving, and troubleshooting various systems
- Help set up and support smart phones, tablets to work with ATA email and other systems
- Troubleshoot Toshiba copiers, desktop and network printers. Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots local and network printers. The incumbent monitors network printers using administration tools and responds to trouble tickets related to printer issues, as needed, to ensure that all users have continuous access to printers.
Education/Relevant Experience- Currently pursuing a BS/BA in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent at an accredited college or university with an average 3.0 GPA. Rising junior or senior preferred with experience with Windows operating systems in a networked environment. Basic telecommunications experience a plus. Mac OS 10 troubleshooting skills a plus. Experience with supporting and configuring client/server apps. (ODBC, email, MS SQL) also a plus. Must have the ability to successfully interact with employees and provide high quality customer service to all levels of the organization. Undergraduate and graduate students both considered.
- Proficient with PC computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess good organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solver.